* EUROPEAN RHINOLOGIC SOCIETY (ERS) - ERS SOCIETY INFORMATION (2014) (www.europeanrhinologicsociety.org/society_information.php) - "Professor Ivica Klapan, Croatia, EU, gave a significant contribution to the development of image-guided sinus surgery and computer-assisted surgery"
RECOGNITION OF EXCELLENCE – patients' choice (2014, 2015), 2016: "Based on the preset criteria, analysis of evaluation and comments on all doctors (physicians) in the Republic of Croatia, available at the www.najdoktor.comportal, Professor Ivica Klapan, MD, PhD, has been chosen as one of the best doctors according to patients' choice, and also as the superior ENT specialist/head and neck surgeon in 2014., 2015. and 2016. The list of all doctors chosen by patients is available at http://najdoktor.com/najbolji-lijecnici-po-preporukama-pacijenata/a223#&panel1-2"
I. INVITED LECTURES, PRESENTATIONS (2010-2013
I. I. 1st CROATIAN RHINOLOGIC CONGRESS, ZAGREB, CROATIA, EU (Feb. 2010)
ROUND TABLE (Professor Klapan/Secretary of the Congress//Chairperson): Computer Assisted Surgery (CAS)
I.II. 23rd CONGRESS OF THE EUROPEAN RHINOLOGIC SOCIETY, AND THE 29th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON INFECTION AND ALLERGY OF THE NOSE, GENEVE, SWITZERLAND (June 2010) (Professor Klapan/faculty/invited speaker)
23rd Congress of the European Rhinologic Society, and the 29th International Symposium on Infection and Allergy of the Nose (ERS & ISIAN)
I. III. 2nd CROATIAN RHINOLOGIC CONGRESS, ZAGREB, CROATIA, EU (Feb. 2012)
ROUND TABLE (Professor Klapan/Secretary of the Congress//Chairperson): 3D-Navigation-Computer Assisted Surgery (3C-Navigation-CAS)
I.IV. 24th CONGRESS OF THE EUROPEAN RHINOLOGIC SOCIETY AND THE 30th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON INFECTION AND ALLERGY OF THE NOSE, JUNE 17-21, 2012., TOULOUSE, FRANCUSKA (June 2012)
24th Congress of the European Rhinologic Society (ERS & ISIAN) (Professor Klapan/faculty/invited speaker/president of the ERS symposium)
I.V. 2nd CONGRESS OF THE EUROPEAN ACADEMY OF OTORHINOLARYNGOLGOY-HEAD AND NECK SURGERY and 2nd CE-ORL, NICA, FRANCE (April 2013)
2nd Congress of the European Academy of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and 2nd CE-ORL(Professor Klapan/faculty/ invited speaker/chairperson of the instructional course)
INSTRUCTIONAL COURSE (Professor Klapan/chairman): Computer integrated surgery (CIS) with application of advanced virtual reality (VR) techniques in interactive virtual rhinoendoscopy/virtual surgery (VS)/navigation operation systems (CAS)
FORUM (Professor Klapan/panelist): Robotic Surgery
II. INVITED LECTURES, PRESENTATIONS (2014-2016)
II. I. 3rd CROATIAN RHINOLOGIC CONGRESS, ZAGREB, CROATIA, EU (Feb. 2014)
1st ROUND TABLE (Professor Klapan/Secretary of the Congress//Chairperson): CAS - Virtual reality and 3D-navigation operating planning systems in rhino environments
II. II. CORLAS 2014 - COLLEGIUM OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGICUM AMICITIAE SACRUM, ISTANBUL, TURKEY (August 2014)
ROUND TABLE- RHINOLOGY (Professor Klapan/invited speaker): Virtual reality (VR) and 3D-navigation-CAS
II. III. ISIAN-IRS-PARS - International Society of Infection and Alergy of the Nose, Internatioanl Rhinology Society and Pan Arab Rhinology Society,2014, DUBAI, UAE (November, 2014) http://isian-irs-pars2014.org
(Professor Klapan, Faculty, Invited speaker)
II. IV. 4. CROATIAN RHINOLOGIC CONGRESS, ZAGREB, HRVATSKA (Veljača, 2016)
1. WORKSHOP (Professor Klapan/moderator/invited speaker/secretary of the congress): ESS (Endoscopic Sinus Surgery)
III. INVITED LECTURES, PRESENTATIONS (2017)
1. Global Conference on Otolaryngology, March 08-09, 2017 Dubai, UAE, Honourable speaker
2. International Conference on Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders (ENT Conference 2017) to be held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from July 06-08, 2017. Organizing Committee ENT 2016 – Member
3. 5th International Conference on Otorhinolaryngology, August 7-8, 2017 London, UK
4. Rhinology World Congress - Hong Kong 2017 (31 Aug - 3 Sep), "New Technology in Rhinology""New Technology in Rhinology""New Technology in Rhinology", invited speaker
5. Global Surgeons Meet" to be held during October 2-3, 2017 at France, Paris., Invited for: workshop and symposium presentation
IV. INVITED LECTURES, PRESENTATIONS (2018)
1. Professor Klapan / Organizing Committee Member / Invited Speaker and Editorial Board Member / Conference Related Journals (2018): ENT Conference 2018; Breakthrough to Excellence in ENT Treatment, Dubai, UAE, April, 2018.
2. Professor Klapan / Organizing Committee Member / Invited Speaker: 8th International Conference on Otorhinolaryngology; Otorhinolaryngology: Modern Innovations and Clinical Aspects, October 16-17, 2018 Rome, Italy
V. OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY-HEAD AND NECK PLASTIC SURGERY (Preofessor I. Klapan; application of advanced technologies) (2000-2016)
The complex case reports: when NO more landmarks are present !
Intraorbital pathology and possible surgical routes. Reasons for a targeted surgery !
Endoscopic removal of sinonasal, orbit and skull base pathology: are the results better to justify the risks ?
ADVANCED 3D-NAVIGATION-COMPUTER ASSISTED RHINO-SURGARY (NOSE, SINUSES, ORBIT AND skull BASE. APPLICATION OF THE NEWEST COMPUTERISED "RP-MODELS" OF THE PATIENT'S HEAD DURING THE OPERATION, IN REAL TIME: SPECIAL CASE REPORTS
V.I. * Tm. of the nose, paranasal sinuses, skull base, and epipharynx/oropharynxs
3D-CA-FESS-navigation surgery of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and the skull base
V.II. * Tm. of the maxillary sinus, chr. changes of the rhino-mucosa (the nose and paranasal sinuses)
3D-CA-FESS-navigation surgery of the nose and paranasal sinuses
V.III. * Meningocele of the frontal sinus (hernial protrusion of the meninges through a defect in the cranium). Chronic purulent nasal sinusitis (a disease of chronic inflammation of nasal sinus membrane; left frontal sinus, ant/post ethmoidal, and maxillary sinus)
3D-CA-FESS-navigation surgery of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and the skull base
V.IV. * Tumor of the orbit (an orbital tumor is any tumor that occurs within the orbit of the eye), and ant/posterior ethmoidal cells (paranasal sinuses). Destruction of the lamina papyracea (right orbit), dislocation of the eye, medial and lateral rectus muscles, and the optical nerve
3D-CA-RP-FESS-navigation surgery of the nose, paranasal sinuses, orbit, and the skull base
VI. RECENT PUBLICATIONS OF THE KLAPAN MEDICAL GROUP POLYCLINIC EMPLOYED AND AFFILIATED MEDICAL EXPERTS (2011-2016)
VI.I. THE BOOK "VIRTUAL REALITY" (MEDICAL APPLICATIONS) (2011)
Klapan Ivica et al. Application of Advanced Virtual Reality and 3D Computer Assisted Technologies in Computer Assisted Surgery and Tele-3D-computer Assisted Surgery in Rhinology , Book "Virtual Reality" (ed. J.J. Kim) pgs 291-325, ISBN 978-953-307-518-1, Intech (published by), 2011. (The permanent web address of our chapter can be reached by clicking on the link http://www.intechopen.com/articles/show/title/application-of-advanced-virtual-reality-and-3d-computer-assisted-technologies-in-computer-assisted-s)
Paper/title: "Klapan, I: Application of Advanced Virtual Reality and 3D Computer Assisted Technologies in Computer Assisted Surgery and Tele-3D-Computer Assisted Surgery in Rhinology" (BOOK TITLE: Virtual Reality) has been downloaded 4000 times to April 21, 2017.
"Such readership results demonstrate some very important factors about the reach and usage of this InTechOpen published research: a) more than 4000 researchers worldwide read, downloaded and interacted with your published content, b) this achievement demonstrates the influence your research has had within the scientific community, and c) researchers from all over the world have been able to connect with your research to obtain relevant information to further develop their own research projects (InTechOpen Book Stats; http://www.intechopen.com)".
VI.II. SCIENTIFIC PAPERS OF THE KLAPAN MEDICAL GROUP POLYCLINIC EMPLOYED MEDICAL EXPERTS (2015-2017)
- Raos P, Klapan I, Galeta T. Additive Manufacturing of Medical Models - Applications in Rhinology. Collegium Antropol 2015;39(3):667-73 (ISSN 0350-6134) (CC)
- Klapan I, Raos P, Galeta T, Kubat G. Virtual reality in rhinology – a new dimension of clinical experience. Ear Nose Throat. 2016; 95(7): 23-28 (CC)
- Klapan I, Duspara A, Majhen Z, Benić I, Kostelac M. What is the future of minimally invasive sinus surgery: computer assisted navigation, 3D-surgical planner or augmented reality in the operating room with contactless 'in the air' surgeon's commands? IL Journal of Otolaryngology and Rhinology 2017; 1(1): 1-7
- Klapan I, Duspara A, Majhen Z, Benić I, Kostelac M, Kubat G, Berlengi N. What is the future of minimally invasive surgery in rhinology: marker-based virtual reality simulation with touch free surgeon's commands, 3D-surgical navigation with additional remote visualization in the operating room, or ...? Frontiers in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 2017. (submitted for publication)